Monday, July 7, 2008

On to Greener pastures?

I don't know about other Mavs fans, but I was pretty damn excited when the Mavs got Gerald Green for a minimum contract.

Why? Because it's low-risk, high-reward. Doesn't cost them much, but Green is an absolute FREAK in the athletics department. Plus, he's only 22, and he's actually playing for a decent team. If that doesn't get him motivated, then he shouldn't play basketball.

Want some more reasons that I love this signing? All of a sudden, you've got an incredibly athletic 2 and 3 position with Jo-Ho and Green. Say what you want about Jo-Ho, but he is a damn good athlete.

With Green's athleticism paving the way for Jo-Ho to get some open looks/penetration, this could be an incredible steal.

In other roster addition news, the Mavs drafted Shan Foster with the no. 51 pick. I actually liked the pick. They could use a consistent jump shooter off the bench, and if he develops into something more, super.

I wasn't happy that the Mavs didn't pick up a first round pick. You're telling me cheap-ass Memphis wouldn't have sold Cubes a pick? A pick they could've used on the Superintendant (Chalmers), or Chris Douglas-Roberts.

The re-acquisition of Gana gives me mixed feelings. I like him for his D and his athleticism, as well as for the 6 fouls he can add to Dampier's.

I don't like that they spent the whole MLE on him. If that could have been used for Maggette, that would have been great, if just for the fact that the Spurs wouldn't be able to get him.

I will officially lose my shit if Maggette goes to the Spurs. He is exactly what they need.

No comments: