Monday, December 8, 2008

Jealousmuch?

Well, it's official.

After long years of fandom, I finally have tickets to go see the Mavs in person.

Yes, I've seen them live before, at a preseason game against the Wizards, who happen to be my hometown team.

But Dirk never even got out of his warmups. Although the occasional is now notable, since it was my first experience watching J.J. Barea, who would soon (14 months) emerge out of nowhere to become the baby-faced assassin.

I had tickets to last year's Mavs-Wiz games, it was on MLK day, at one in the afternoon.

But alas, previous travel committments took me to the other side of the country, so I missed it.

But Sunday, Dec. 21, at 6 p.m., I will be eight rows from the Mavericks' bench. EIGHT ROWS!!!

If I get hit by some of Dirk's sweat, I might just spontaneously combust with sheer pleasure.

Of course, I will be wearing my Dirk Nowitzki #14 jersey from the German Olympic team.






Here's how it will all go down, at least in my mind.

Dirk (walking back to the bench after hitting a three-pointer to tie the game with 10 seconds left): Hey, you! Up there, eight rows from our bench! Is that my Olympic jersey from the Fatherland?

Me: Yes it is Dirk, I love you!

Dirk: Well son, that sure is something. Tell you what, I'm gonna hit this game winner for you.

Dirk then steals the inbounds pass, dribbles to the three-point line, and nails the game winner while staring at me.

Dirk: Thanks a lot man. You gave me the lift I need. Tell you what, I could use a strikingly attractive man with a clean, musky odor to sit behind us and inspire me to sink trizzles all day long, you up for the challenge?

Me: Uh.....

Dirk: Don't worry, it pays 1,000 bucks a week, plus you can help me ghost write my biography, and run the official blog for my website. Hey, maybe we'll even shower together once or twice.

....And that's when I wake up, often stuck to my sheets.

Delusions of grandeur aside, I am looking forward to seeing a great game.

Maybe I'll be able to get even closer, seeing as the Wiz might only have five wins at that point.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is there anyone who can kindly tell me how can i get this jersey?? I really love this one!!