Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Now I've gone and done it

I really have.

I came up with a trade that could address some major needs, shake things up, and dump some dead weight.

Check it out.

In case you can't see it, or are too lazy and/or infatuated with this blog (in which case, I like your moxie) to click, here it is:

  • Brandon Bass
  • Jerry Stackhouse
  • Devean George
  • Erick Dampier
FOR
  • Brad Miller
  • John Salmons
  • Kenny Thomas

Good stuff right?

Let's break it down.

John Salmons is rumored to be on the market. I've always been a fan of his, ever since he hit a game-winner against the Mavs last season. On second thought, never mind. Fuck him.

He can play the 2, which means he could help ease the size woes presented by Jason Terry and J.J. Barea. He can also move into the 3, providing something new if the Mavs decide to go small or give Jo-Ho a rest.

He's a decent defender, a good passer and he attacks the basket, which is something the Mavs desperately need.

Replacing Damp with Brad Miller is almost a no-brainer. His contract has one less year on it, Miller can shoot a little bit, and he seems to show up more regularly than Damp.

Kenny Thomas? Supposedly the Kings want someone to take his awful contract, so toss him in. Like Brad Miller, his contract expires before Twenty-Ten, and he and Singleton could back up Dirk.

I don't particularly mind losing George, I don't care about Stack and I say good riddance to Dampier.

I don't relish the thought of losing Bass, but it's a tough world we live in. Knowing the Mavs' luck, he'll probably be moved to the three by someone, where he'll become the next LeBron James.

Okay, maybe that's far fetched, but if I told you a year ago that Devin Harris would be looking like Tony Parker, you would have laughed at me.

The only flaw I see is that Dampier has a worse contract than Kenny Thomas does. But he can play center when he decides to, and hey, when was the last time the Kings made a shrewd move?

Stranger things have happened (cough..GasoltotheLakers..cough).

Of course, George would have to waive his Bird rights (and we all know how that worked out last time).

But a man can dream can't he?

No comments: